Wednesday, July 06, 2005

It's All in the Answer (which, by the way, is "50")

This is how I know I've crossed from the world of law into the crazy land of management consulting. This was an actual question from an interview I had last week:

"How many piano tuners are there in Chicago?"

After asking a bunch of questions, counting in my head and on my fingers, making assumptions and writing down all sorts of random numbers, I said "50". He shrugged and said, "Sounds good. I actually have no idea if you're right." And then he moved on to the next question. With questions like that, I better get this job GOT this job.

I suppose it could have been worse. I could have been the guy who was repeatedly asked to open a window in the interviewer's office when in reality, there was no way to open it (except by throwing a chair through it). Yikes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home