Thursday, August 11, 2005

100 Days

So I just looked at the calendar, and I found out that I have 100 days left. 100 days until my wedding. I can't believe it's coming up so fast. I'm having trouble catching my breath.

I'd be lying if I said this has been an easy process. On the contrary, it's been a grind making all of these ridiculous decisions. I'm learning more about a person in a few months than I have in the past 6 years. More than anything, though, I suppose I'm learning a lot about myself. About how fiercely independent I am. How selfish I can be. And how I deal with conflict.

Truth be told, sometimes, it's hard not to feel like you're Indiana Jones being chased by that huge boulder after stealing that golden idol. After all, I have been single for 33 years. A partner at my law firm half-joked that the whole wedding planning process is a way for the guy to understand and prepare for the crushing truth that he will eventually lose all autonomy. Then again, he's on his second marriage, so I'm not really looking to him for advice...

Maybe it's this wedding planning. It's unrelenting. Every day, there are more decisions to make. 3-tiered cake or 4-tiered cake. Buttercream or Almond. Or lemon. Tenderloin or beef tips. Stand up or sit down. Flowers. Photography. Order of service. Sparklers or bubbles. I'm literally going crazy. And for a guy who has a hard time making decisions and spending money, it's a recipe for disaster.

At least this week off has been nice. Played golf yesterday and today, trying to enjoy my last moments of vacation before I start a new job. And I'm getting my money's worth out of Netflix. So I got that going for me...

100 days to go and counting. Yikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home