Saturday, February 04, 2006

Saturday Morning Espresso

So I'm making a resolution right now. A month late, but nevermore heartfelt. I am taking Saturday mornings off. No huge to-do lists. No Home Depot. No Bed Bath & Beyond. Just quiet mornings in an overstuffed chair, drinking a freshly made espresso and reading the paper. Listening/watching Norah Jones in concert, singing "The Long Way Home". Perfect. There's something about the stillness of the morning, and the sabbath from the urgent that helps me order my day.

And the days have become increasingly busy. Filled with all the things I've convinced myself are necessary to do before the week starts all over again. Work is spilling over from Friday afternoon. One more e-mail. One more thing to buy. One more thing to fix. One more, one more, one more.

As busy as I think I am, I know that I am destined for busier times. I can feel them catching up to me. An undertow pulling me back into the urgent. I have grocery lists and audio/video cables to buy for the TV. But for now. For this moment. I'm resting. And that's okay with me, even if I can see the smoke of my own industry on the horizon.

I'm going to take another sip of my espresso before I start my day. Having a few friends over to watch the Super Bowl tomorrow, and making a big pot of chili. What could better than chili and football? I'll let you know if I ever find out.

NOTE: Wedding pics have finally been scanned and put up on the site. You can see them here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home