Saturday, June 10, 2006

Finish Line

Tonight finds me kicking back on my bench outside, smoking a celebratory Opus X and enjoying the beautiful evening weather. After over a month of 14-18 hour days, our first meeting is finally in the books, literally. It was extremely well-received, which will make our next month considerably lighter, although I'm not holding my breath. Work always seems to come out of the pores of our office.

It was a long month to say the least, and I am beginning to realize that a banker's life is not for the married. Or a lawyer's life for that matter. There's simply not enough time in the day. And that's not really what I want to have written on my tombstone. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

I've got a million errands to run, and so I suspect that much of the day tomorrow will be spent doing them. It feels good this cool evening though. Good to be sitting here, and not thinking about how to explain the next big legal management consulting insight. Not checking e-mail. It feels quiet. And though I have a million thoughts to keep me company, I'm not indulging them right now. For now, it's me, a cigar, a drink, and a heaping tablespoon of everything feeling just about right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home